Authors: Anthony D. Hitchins (ret.) and Karen Jinneman and Yi Chen
A. Equipment and Materials
B. Media and Reagents
C. Control Cultures
D. Sample Preparation
E. Enrichment Procedure
F. Alternate Screening Methodologies
G. Isolation Procedure
H. Identification Procedure
I. Subtyping of L. monocytogenes Isolates (required)
J. Enumeration (required)
- April 2022: Section E.2 correction to additives amounts; Section J. clarification on enumeration homogenate preparations
- February 2022: Section E.2, correction to additives amounts; Section J, clarification on enumeration homogenate preparations; editing of other sections.
- March 2017: Addition of the sample matrix for environmental samples.
- January 2016: More specific sample preparation and analytical set-up instructions for qualitative detection or quantitative enumeration.
- January 2016: Reorganization and editing of all sections.
- February 2013: update to Table 1; update for BAM Media M52: buffered Listeria enrichment broth (BLEB) in the Media section.
- November 2011: Addition of PCR confirmation for Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria spp. isolates other than L. grayi.
- April 2011: Section E. Diagram describing the Henry Optical System for examination of colonies added; references for Listeria monocytogenes Risk Assessment and Guidance updated.
- August 2002: Section J. Enumeration: Added instructions for positive result on all MPN tubes.
- April 2001: Section H. CAMP test: Updated address for ATCC and added a link to its web page.