ORA’s Office of Partnerships manages various sole source and fixed price contract programs with states. Working collaboratively with our state partners through contracts, FDA is able to provide enhanced regulatory oversight of its regulated firms. We also manage a contract with a 3rd party to maintain milk drug residue testing data.
Click the links below to learn more about these various contract programs:
Field Management Directive 76 (FMD-76) and its appendices can be accessed through the links below:
- FMD-76 Revision 4, dated 6/19/2020
- Appendix A: Instructions for Evaluating Contract Inspections
- Appendix B: Human Food Contract Audit Form
- Appendix B.1: Instructions for Completing the Contract Audit Form
- Appendix B.2: Instructions for Reporting Human Food Contract Audits
- Appendix C: Animal Food Safety Inspection Audit Form
- Appendix C.1: Instructions for Completing the Animal Food Safety Inspection Audit Form
- Appendix C.2: Instructions for Reporting Animal Food Contract Audits
- Appendix D: Instructions for Conducting Joint Audit Inspections, Verification Audits for State Auditors, and Joint Inspections
- Appendix H: State Implementation Agreement and Year-End Evaluation
- Appendix I: Request for Audit Reduction Form and Instructions
- Appendix J: Corrective Action Plan for Program and Performance Factors
Compiled data related to the previous year’s audits under FMD-76 can be viewed here.