ORA’s Office of Partnerships manages various sole source and fixed price contract programs with states. Working collaboratively with our state partners through contracts, FDA is able to provide enhanced regulatory oversight of its regulated firms. We also manage a contract with a 3rd party to maintain milk drug residue testing data.
Click the links below to learn more about these various contract programs:
Field Management Directive 76 (FMD-76) and its appendices can be accessed through the links below:
- FMD-76 Revision 05, dated 08/22/2023
- Appendix A: Instructions for Evaluating Contract Inspections
- Appendix B: Human Field Inspection Audit (FORM FDA 3610H)
- Appendix B.2: Instructions for Reporting Human Food Contract Audits
- Appendix C: Animal Food Safety Inspection Audit Form (FORM FDA 3610A)
- Appendix C.1: Instructions for Completing the Animal Food Safety Inspection Audit Form
- Appendix C.2: Instructions for Reporting Animal Food Contract Audits
- Appendix D: Instructions for Conducting Joint Audit Inspections, Verification Audits for State Auditors, and Joint Inspections
- Appendix H: State Implementation Agreement and Year-End Evaluation
- Appendix I: Request for Audit Reduction Form and Instructions
- Appendix J: Corrective Action Plan for Program and Performance Factors
- HF 3610-H Summary Sheet
Compiled data related to the previous year’s audits under FMD-76 can be viewed here.