U.S. flag An official website of the United States government
  1. Home
  2. For Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Officials
  3. Funding Opportunities
  1. For Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Officials

Funding Opportunities


For information regarding grant, cooperative agreement, and contract programs managed by FDA Office of Partnerships, please use the left navigation to learn more.

Current funding opportunities available to regulatory partners can be found at www.grants.gov. Information regarding past awardees can be found at www.usaspending.gov.

Constituent Updates

Below is a list of links that will allow you to download various OP constituent updates pertaining to new grant and cooperative agreement programs.


A comprehensive site on applying for grants administered by the FDA: How to Apply - Application Guide | grants.nih.gov

Important information regarding the process to apply for a grant or cooperative agreement:  

A critical step to successfully applying for a grant or cooperative agreement is meeting the registration requirements. Registration can take 6 weeks or more, so begin the registration process now. Also, take the time to verify all of your registrations are up-to­-date. Please note that SAM now replaces CCR; if you previously registered under CCR, you will need to re-register under SAM for any applications you wish to submit. Applicant organizations must complete and maintain the following registrations as described in the SF 424 (R&R) Application Guide to be eligible to apply for or receive an award.

Dun and Bradstreet Universal Numbering System (DUNS)External Link Disclaimer - All registrations require that applicants be issued a DUNS number. After obtaining a DUNS number, applicants can begin both SAM and eRA Commons registrations. The same DUNS number must be used for all registrations, as well as on the grant application.

System for Award Management (SAM) (formerly CCR) – Applicants must complete and maintain an active registration, which requires renewal at least annually. The renewal process may require as much time as the initial registration. SAM registration includes the assignment of a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code for domestic organizations which have not already been assigned a CAGE Code.

eRA Commons - Applicants must have an active DUNS number and SAM registration in order to complete the eRA Commons registration. Organizations can register with the eRA Commons as they are working through their SAM or Grants.gov registration. eRA Commons requires organizations to identify at least one Signing Official (SO) and at least one Program Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI) account in order to submit an application.

Grants.gov – Applicants must have an active DUNS number and SAM registration in order to complete the Grants.gov registration.

General Questions?

For contact information for an individual contract or grant, please visit the program's site located in the left navigation field.

General questions may be directed to the Office of Partnerships' general mailbox: op.feedback@fda.hhs.gov.

For information on approximate human and animal food investment projects, please visit the FDA Food Investments Powered by USA Spending webpage. 


Back to Top