Training Health Care Providers on Pain Management and Safe Use of Opioid Analgesics – Exploring the Path Forward
A public meeting will be held on May 9 and 10, 2017. The topic for discussion is Training Health Care Providers on Pain Management and Safe Use of Opioid Analgesics.
Date and Time:
May 9, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
May 10, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sheraton Silver Spring
8777 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD
Persons interested in attending this public workshop must register online at: https://nakamotoevents.wufoo.com/forms/p1gsrzm80gd7lkd/ before May 1, 2017. Please provide complete contact information for each attendee, including name, title, affiliation, address, email, and telephone.
Registration is free and based on space availability, with priority given to early registrants. Persons interested in attending this public workshop must register by May 1, 2017. Early registration is recommended because seating is limited; therefore, FDA may limit the number of participants from each organization. Registrants will receive confirmation when their registration has been accepted. If time and space permit, onsite registration on the day of the public workshop will be provided beginning at 7:30 a.m.
If you have any problems or questions with registration, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opioid Health Care Provider Training Public Workshop” in the subject line.
- Meeting: Federal Register Notice
- Agenda (PDF - 202KB)
- FDA Education Blueprint for Health Care Providers Involved in the Management or Support of Patients with Pain (Draft Revisions to FDA Blueprint for Prescriber Education for Extended-Release and Long-Acting Opioids)
- Federal Register Notice
- Disclosure Statements (PDF - 2MB)
- Disclosure Statements (PDF - 975KB)
- Transcript: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 (PDF - 830KB)
- Transcript, Wednesday, May 10, 2017 (PDF - 789KB)
- Opening Remarks (PDF - 116KB)
- Spotlight on SAMHSA Resources (PDF - 1MB)
Mitra Ahadpour, MD, DABAM
- Training for Opioid Analgesic Prescribers Exploring the Path Forward (PDF - 925KB)
- Prescriber Education: FDA REMS Options and Considerations (PDF - 445KB)
Doris Auth, Pharm.D.
- Provider Education and State Efforts to End the Opioid Crisis (PDF - 1.7MB)
- Science = Solutions (PDF - 657KB)
Wilson M. Compton, MD, MPE
- Federal Healthcare System Experience: VA Implementation, Maintenance, and Evaluation (PDF - 348KB)
C. Bernie Good MD, MPH
- Applying the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids (PDF - 558KB)
Debbie Dowell, MD, MPH
- TPMG Opioid Safety Initiative (PDF - 220KB)
Carol Havens, MD
- New Mexico:A State’s Experience (PDF - 2MB)
Joanna G. Katzman
- Extended-Release and Long-Acting (ER/LA) Opioid Analgesic REMS (PDF - 649KB)
Claudia Manzo, Pharm.D.
- State CME and PDMP Overview (PDF - 452KB)
- Ongoing Efforts to Address the Opioid Epidemic (PDF - 712KB)
Douglas C. Throckmorton, MD
- Training Health Care Providers on Pain Management and Safe Use of Opioid Analgesics Exploring the Path Forward; Public Workshop (PDF - 1MB)