- January 27, 2022
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM ET
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
In this webinar FDA subject matter experts and guest speaker will:
- Provide an overview of FDA’s regulatory approach to Identification of Medicinal Products (IDMP)
- Address the status of the planned ISO updates to several IDMP standards
- Discuss FDA’s international collaboration with WHO and other regulators focused on global implementation
- Present examples of use cases for IDMP for both drugs and biologics
- IDMP Overview
- Current challenges with the IDMP standards and mitigation solutions using pilot projects
- IDMP use cases for drugs and biologics
- Path to Global Implementation
- Regulatory affairs professionals working on data standards, pharmacovigilance, product labelling, and electronic regulatory submissions
- IT professionals focused on the electronic exchange of medicinal product information
- Healthcare professionals preparing and submitting Individual Case Safety Reports (ICSRs)
- International regulators and consultants focused on data standards, pharmacovigilance, product labelling, and electronic regulatory submissions
Ron Fitzmartin, PhD, MBA
Sr. Informatics Advisor
Office of the Director
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) | FDA
Sr. Project Management Officer
Office of Strategic Programs (OSP)
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) | FDA
Vada A. Perkins, MSc, MS
Executive Director, Regulatory Policy & Innovation
- European Federation Pharmaceutical Industries & Associations (EFPIA) European Regulatory Affairs and Operations (ERAO) Working Group
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturing Association (PhRMA) IT Working Group
- ISO TC 215 WG 6 IDMP Co-chair
- ICH M2 EFPIA Topic Lead
- Identification of Medicinal Products (IDMP)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Identification of Medicinal Products: Path to Global Implementation – Webinar - June 11, 2021
Real-time attendance is required for the certificate of attendance which can be used in support of CEs for the following professional organizations. Certificates are only available during the two weeks post-event.
This course has been:
- pre-approved by RAPS as eligible for a maximum of 12 credits for a two day event (appropriate to real-time attendance) towards a participant’s RAC recertification upon full completion.
- pre-approved by SOCRA who accepts documentation of candidate participation in continuing education programs for re-certification if the program is applicable to clinical research regulations, operations or management, or to the candidate's clinical research therapeutic area.
- pre-approved by SQA as eligible for 1 non-GCP or non-GLP unit for every 1 hour of instructional time towards a participant’s RQAP re-registration.
- approved by ACRP for continuing education in clinical research. ACRP will provide 1 ACRP contact hour for every 45-60 minutes of qualified material.
- To optimize your webinar experience, use Chrome when viewing AdobeConnect in a browser.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all technical questions.
- If you encounter any technical issues before or during the event, please visit the Technical Issues Support.
- Test your PC for use with Adobe Connect prior to the day of the event. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Acrobat Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.