Frequently Asked Questions on Popular Topics
Approved Drugs: Questions and Answers
- How is medicine approved by FDA?
- How can I find out if my medicine is approved by FDA?
How can I stay better informed about drugs? Is there a reliable website FDA recommends?
How do I find out if a drug is approved? Is there a Web site I can go to?
- How can I find out about side effects or safety concerns for my drug?
- Do drugs have risks?
- How do I report a suspected drug side effect?
Treatments for Medical Problems: Questions and Answers
- What approved drugs are available to treat my disease?
- Since FDA cannot provide information about drugs in development, where can I go to learn more about them?
How can I get access to a drug that is in testing but has not yet been approved?
Generic Drugs: Questions & Answers
- What are generic drugs?
- Is there a generic equivalent for my brand-name drug?
- Are generic drugs as effective as brand-name drugs?
Prescription Drugs and Over-the-Counter (OTC) Drugs: Questions and Answers
- What is the difference between prescription drugs and OTC drugs?
Dietary Supplements: Questions and Answers
- What is a dietary supplement?
- Where can I find information about dietary supplements?
Fluoride in Drinking Water
Resources For You
- Frequently Asked Questions about Labeling for Prescription Medicines
- From Test Tube to Patient: Protecting America's Health Through Human Drugs