Buying Online - Health Fraud
When it comes to buying medicine and other health products online, it is important to be very careful. Some websites sell medicine that may not be safe to use and could put your health at risk.
FDA provides resources about the dangers of buying medicines online and to help consumers make safe purchases at BeSafeRx – Know Your Online Pharmacy.
The FDA publications below provide additional information.
- The Possible Dangers of Buying Medicines over the Internet
- Buying Medicines Over the Internet
- How to Evaluate Health Information On the Internet
- Buying Prescription Medicines Online: A Consumer Safety Guide Brochure
- Buying Drugs Online
- FDA Warns Public of Continued Extortion Scam by FDA Impersonators
- Beware of Online Cancer Fraud
- Buying Contact Lenses Online or by Mail
- Purchasing Pet Drugs Online: Buyer Beware
- Online Pet Pharmacies