Faculty Research Program (NCTR)
This program is administered by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) and provides university faculty the opportunity to initiate and conduct independent or collaborative research which complements projects at the FDA's National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR).
Appointments are usually for one month to 12 weeks during the summer. Sabbatical appointments are available during the academic year.
- Those participants with sabbatical appointments must have one-half of their salary paid by their home institution.
- Participants must be a full-time faculty member at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- All participants must show proof of health insurance prior to the effective date of the appointment. No benefits are provided for these appointments, and while NCTR provides a stipend, there is no allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- This program is open to all qualified U.S. citizens and permanent residents without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, handicap, or national origin.
For Application Inquiries, send e-mail to: ORISE.FDA.NCTR@orau.org
U.S. Postal Mailing Address
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)
ATTN: FDA Research Participation Programs, MS 36
P.O. Box 117
1299 Bethel Valley Road
Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-0117
Resources For You
- About the National Center for Toxicological Research
- Instructions and Forms for the Application Process