Reports to inform the public of the FDA's policies, procedures, and initiatives to improve its regulatory processes, foster innovation in medical products and research, and advance public health protection.
Reports issued more than 2 years ago may be found in the FDA.gov Archive
- 01/2021: FDA COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery and Preparedness Plan (PREPP) Initiative Summary Report
- 01/2021: Advancing New Alternative Methodologies at FDA
Report highlights activities FDA is undertaking to spur the development of new regulatory approaches that can help improve predictivity--and potentially replace, reduce and/or refine animal testing.
- 10/2020: Executive Order 13944 List of Essential Medicines, Medical Countermeasures, and Critical Inputs
- 09/2019: FDA’s Technology Modernization Action Plan
- 09/2019: Pediatric Labeling of Orphan Drugs, Report to Congress
- 07/2019: FDA Safe Importation Action Plan
- 08/2018: Quantities of opioid analgesics dispensed from retail pharmacies approach the lowest levels in 15 years
A recent FDA analysis of commercially available data showed steep drops in dispensing of opioid analgesics in retail outpatient settings.
- 05/2018: Expanded Access Program Report
Report summarizes the results of an independent assessment. The findings reflect the perspectives of patients and their advocates/caregivers, physicians, health system representatives, payers, institutional review boards (IRBs), manufacturers, and FDA staff.
- 03/2018: FDA Analysis of Long-Term Trends in Prescription Opioid Analgesic Products: Quantity, Sales, and Price Trends
FDA White Paper
- 01/2018: Healthy Innovation, Safer Families: FDA's 2018 Policy Roadmap
The FDA's four priority areas that will be the focus of additional policy activity in 2018
- 12/2017: FDA Information Technology Strategic Plan
FDA's information technology goals and priorities, 2015 - 2018
- 09/2017: FDA Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan, 2018 - 2021
- 1/2017: 22 Case Studies Where Phase 2 and Phase 3 Trials Had Divergent Results
FDA studied 22 recent cases in which promising phase 2 clinical trial results were not confirmed in phase 3 clinical testing.
- 12/2016: Report to the Commissioner: FDA Review of the 2014 Discovery of Vials Labeled "Variola" and Other Vials Discovered in an FDA-Occupied Building on the NIH Campus
- 06/2016: Foods and Veterinary Medicine Strategic Plan 2012 - 2016
Strategic plan for the Office of Foods and Veterinary Medicine
- 12/2015: Women's Health Research Roadmap
Strategic framework for research funded by the FDA Office of Women’s Health.
- 09/2015: Report: Mission Possible: How FDA Can Move at the Speed of Science