The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) subway system is commonly called Metro.
There are several Metrorail (Metro) stations within a few miles of the FDA White Oak campus in Silver Spring, Maryland. There is no Metro station on the FDA White Oak campus.
Taxis and ridesharing services are available at most Metro stations. Map apps and trip planners can suggest the best route for you.
Buses from Metro to FDA
These public buses run between Metro stations and the FDA White Oak campus:
- Ride On Bus Route 22 - stops at the Silver Spring (Red line) Metro station
- BRT Flash Orange Route - stops at the Silver Spring (Red line) Metro station
- Metro Bus C8 (PDF, 371KB) - stops at the White Flint (Red line), Glenmont (Red Line), and College Park (Green line) Metro stations
- Metro Bus K6 (PDF, 361KB) - stops at the Fort Totten (Red, Green, and Yellow lines) Metro stations
FDA Shuttle to Metro
The FDA shuttle bus stops at several Metro stations:
- College Park Metro (Green line)
- Glenmont Metro (Red line)
- Medical Center Metro (Red line)
- Shady Grove Metro (Red line)
- Silver Spring Metro (Red line)
- Twinbrook Metro (Red line)
Metro and Local Airports
The Metro is easily accessible from National airport and Dulles airport. The Metro Rider Guide has complete information about connections to local airports.