Requesting Speakers from CDRH
Organizations often ask CDRH employees to participate in panel discussions and speak about CDRH regulations, policies, and initiatives at meetings, academic lectures, conferences, and workshops.
This page explains how to request speakers from CDRH.
To request a speaker for an event that includes more than one center or office within the FDA, see Requesting Cross-Agency Speakers from FDA.
On this page:
- How Far in Advance to Request a CDRH Speaker
- What to Have Ready to Include in Your CDRH Speaker Request
- Tips for Successfully Completing the CDRH Speaker Request
- What to Expect After Submitting Your Request for a CDRH Speaker
- Contact Us
How Far in Advance to Request A CDRH Speaker
To provide CDRH with sufficient time to review your request, please submit your request:
- At least 4 months in advance of the requested presentation date for events in the contiguous United States.
- At least 6 months in advance of the requested presentation date for events outside the contiguous United States (including in Alaska and Hawaii).
What to Have Ready to Include in Your CDRH Speaker Request
- Name, date, and location of the event
- Name of organization(s) sponsoring the event and contact information
- Topics(s) to be addressed and length of presentation
- Name of requested CDRH speaker (if known)
- Type of presentation requested (in-person or virtual)
- Information about the audience and expected number of attendees
- Invitation on your organization's letterhead formally requesting a speaker from CDRH (in PDF or Word format and less than 5 MB)
- Latest draft of the program agenda specifying all anticipated speaker(s) and topic(s) (in PDF or Word format and less than 5 MB)
- Expected media coverage (for example, general media and/or trade press)
Tips for Successfully Completing the CDRH Speaker Request
- The CDRH Speaker Request must be completed in one session. You will not be able to save the request to complete later.
- Allow at least 20 minutes to complete the request and upload each of the following required documents in PDF or Word format (less than 5 MB):
- Invitation on your organization's letterhead formally requesting a speaker from CDRH
- Program agenda specifying all anticipated speaker(s) and topic(s)
- Be aware the request will automatically close after one hour of inactivity.
- Use either Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari to access and complete the CDRH Speaker Request.
- Asterisks (*) within the CDRH Speaker Request denote required fields.
After submitting your request, you will receive an acknowledgement email.
What to Expect After You Submit a CDRH Speaker Request
- You will receive an email to let you know your request was successfully submitted to CDRH.
- CDRH will contact you if more details are needed.
- You will receive an email from the "CDRH Speaker Liaison" with CDRH's decision to accept or decline the speaking invitation.
- If the request is accepted and you did not request a specific speaker, CDRH will identify the appropriate speaker.
If you have questions, email email@example.com.