Angela Calman, Director, Office of Communication and Education
Who We Are
CDRH’s Office of Communication and Education (OCE) manages communication about medical devices and radiation-emitting products to external audiences, education for regulated industry, and communication and training for CDRH employees.
What We Do
- Communicate safety as well as benefit and risk information about medical devices and radiation-emitting products to patients and consumers, healthcare professionals, industry, and domestic and foreign governments.
- Provide regulated industries with information and education on the regulatory and policy information they need to bring new products to market and remain in compliance with FDA laws.
- Educate CDRH employees to achieve workforce excellence.
- Inform CDRH employees about programmatic and organizational initiatives.
- Respond to public requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Manage Speaker Requests and Public Meetings and Workshops for CDRH
- Offer full-service video production, broadcasting, and webcasting services for government agencies.
- Division of Communication
- Division of Employee Training and Development
- Division of Industry and Consumer Education
- Division of Information Disclosure
- Digital Communication Media Staff (FDA TV Studio)
For specific phone numbers and email addresses for each office, division, and branch, see the CDRH Management Directory by Organization.
For general questions about medical devices regulation, contact the Division of Industry and Consumer Education at email@example.com or 800.638.2041 or 301.796.7100.