Section 1 of the Tobacco Control Act - Public Law 111-31 [H.R. 1256]; table of contents
On This Page
Jun. 22, 2009
Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
111 P.L. 31; 123 Stat. 1776; 2009 Enacted H.R. 1256; 111 Enacted H.R. 1256
To protect the public health by providing the Food and Drug Administration with certain authority to regulate tobacco products, to amend title 5, United States Code, to make certain modifications in the Thrift Savings Plan, the Civil Service and the Federal Employees' Retirement System, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
Division A – Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
Sec. 1. Short Title; Table Of Contents
- Short Title. This division may be cited as the "Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act".
- Table of Contents. The table of contents of this division is as follows:
- Sec. 1. Short title; table of contents (current page)
- Sec. 2. Findings
- Sec. 3. Purpose
- Sec. 4. Scope and effect
- Sec. 5. Severability
- Sec. 6. Modification of deadlines for Secretarial action
TITLE I Authority of The Food and Drug Administration
- Sec. 101. Amendment of Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- Sec. 102. Final rule.
- Sec. 103. Conforming and other amendments to general provisions.
- Sec. 104. Study on raising the minimum age to purchase tobacco products.
- Sec. 105. Enforcement action plan for advertising and promotion restrictions.
- Sec. 106. Studies of progress and effectiveness.
TITLE II Tobacco Product Warnings; Constituent and Smoke Constituent Disclosure
- Sec. 201. Cigarette label and advertising warnings.
- Sec. 202. Authority to revise cigarette warning label statements.
- Sec. 203. State regulation of cigarette advertising and promotion.
- Sec. 204. Smokeless tobacco labels and advertising warnings.
- Sec. 205. Authority to revise smokeless tobacco product warning label statements.
- Sec. 206. Tar, nicotine, and other smoke constituent disclosure to the public.
TITLE III Prevention of Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products