First Source Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Several Dark Chocolate Products Received from our Supplier GKI Foods LLC
This recall has been completed and FDA has terminated this recall.
When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, the FDA posts the company's announcement as a public service. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.Read Announcement
- Company Announcement Date:
- FDA Publish Date:
- Product Type:
- Food & Beverages
Food & Beverage Safety
- Reason for Announcement:
Recall Reason DescriptionUndeclared milk
- Company Name:
- First Source
- Brand Name:
Brand Name(s)Wegmans, Alpine Valley, Circle K and others
- Product Description:
Product DescriptionDark Chocolate Products
First Source of Tonawanda, NY, is voluntarily recalling various packaged goods, as well as Products sold in grocery store bulk bins. All these products contain undeclared Milk. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to Milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The recalled retail packaged items: All Best Before dates
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds 23oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar 12oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Cherry-Infused Cranberries 12oz tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Strawberries 13.5oz tub
- Alpine Valley Dark Chocolate Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Circle K Favorites Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 3.25oz bag
- Tops Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 11.5oz tub
- Tops Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans 12oz tub
- 7 Select Dark Chocolate Turbinado Almonds with Sea Salt 2.25oz bag
These products were distributed to the following states AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MN, NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, PA, TX, UT, VA, and VT. The affected product was sold from January 1, 2016 to present. No illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported to date.
The recalled products were sold in bulk food bins (self-serve) at the following grocery stores between 1/1/16 and 10/30/17:
- 15 LBS Dark Chocolate Peanuts distributed to Wegmans Food Markets, Dryden Food Market, New Brighton Food Land, Punxsutawney Country Market, and Trumansburg Shur Save,
- 20 LBS Dark Chocolate Almonds to Wegmans Food Markets, Giant Food Store, Martin’s Food Market, and Stop N Shop
- 25 LBS Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans Giant Food Store, Giant Food Mart, Martin’s Food Market, Wegmans Food Market, Dryden Food Market, Orchard Fresh, Stop N Shop, and Punxsutawney Country Market
These products were distributed to the following states MA, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, and WV. No illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported to date.
The following recalled product is distributed in Canada with all Best By dates:
- Mac’s Convenient Stores Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 113grams & 92grams
- Circle K Favourites Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 113grams
The recall was initiated after First Source received notification from our supplier GKI Foods of a recall due to undeclared Milk allergen present in the dark chocolate. Consumers who have purchased any of these items are urged to destroy the product. Consumers with questions may contact First Source at 1-716-389-0200, Monday – Friday, 8am - 5pm.