- Docket Number:
- Issued by:
Guidance Issuing OfficeOffice of Medical Products and Tobacco, Center for Tobacco Products
This draft guidance is intended to assist persons submitting applications for new tobacco products under section 910 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the FD&C Act; 21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.), as amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (Tobacco Control Act) (Public Law 111-31). This draft guidance explains, among other things:
- Who may submit a new tobacco product application under section 910 of the FD&C Act (21 U.S.C. 387j);
- When to submit a new tobacco product application;
- How to submit a new tobacco product application;
- What information the FD&C Act requires you to submit in a new tobacco product application; and
- What information FDA recommends you submit in a new tobacco product application.
You can submit online or written comments on any guidance at any time (see 21 CFR 10.115(g)(5))
If unable to submit comments online, please mail written comments to:
Food and Drug Administration
5630 Fishers Lane, Rm 1061
Rockville, MD 20852
All written comments should be identified with this document's docket number: FDA-2011-D-0212-0002.