- October 26, 2020
This webinar highlighted the first 100 days since FDA issued its blueprint for the New Era of Smarter Food Safety. During this one-hour webinar, Deputy Commissioner Frank Yiannas and leaders of the four Core Elements of the blueprint discussed the new approach FDA is taking to food safety, leveraging technology and other tools to create a safer and more digital, traceable food system.
- The people at FDA who are leading this effort, their vision for achieving the goals set forth in the blueprint, and an inside look at how they are doing that.
- The milestones/achievements of the first 100 days since the blueprint was issued.
- Key next steps and priorities for the next two years – and beyond.
- Our plans to engage with stakeholders
Remarks provided by:
- Frank Yiannas, Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy and Response, FDA
- Co-leads of the Core Element teams:
- Kari Irvin, Deputy Director of the Coordinated Outbreak Response and Evaluation Network, Core Element 1/Tech-enabled Traceability
- Mark Moorman, Director of the Office of Food Safety, Core Element 2/Smarter Tools and Approaches for Prevention and Outbreak Response
- Andreas Keller, Director of Multi-Commodity Foods in the Office of Food Safety, Core Element 3/New Business Models and Retail Modernization
- Conrad Choiniere, Director of the Office of Analytics and Outreach in the Center For Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Core Element 4/Food Safety Culture
Webinar Slides in PDF (4.67MB)
|First 100 Day of the New Era of Smarter Food Safety - Webinar Slides||pdf (4.68 MB)|