- July 13, 2021 - August 9, 2021
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) along with the U.S Department of Agriculture Foreign Agricultural Service (USDA/FAS) is hosting a series of virtual webinars for Latin America stakeholders on the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule and Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP).
Dates & Times
- English-Speaking Produce Stakeholders in the Caribbean and Latin America: Thursday, August 5th, 2021 - 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Mexico: Tuesday July 13, 2021, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Central America: Thursday July 22nd, 2021, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Peru, Ecuador, Colombia: Friday July 23rd, 2021, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Chile, Uruguay, Argentina: Thursday July 29th, 2021, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Brazil: Monday August 9th, 2021, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
Caribbean and English-Speaking Produce Stakeholders in Latin America
Dr. Mauricio Castelo
FDA Produce Safety Expert, Produce Safety Network
In July 2020, FDA published the New Era of Smarter Food Safety Blueprint, which applies to imported produce. Core Element 2 (smarter tools and approaches for prevention and outbreak response) and CORE Element 4 (food safety culture) build on work that the FDA has done to implement FSMA regulations including the Produce Safety Rule (PSR) and Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP).
The PSR establishes science-based minimum standards for safe production and harvesting of fresh fruits and vegetables. Farms that export certain fresh fruits and vegetables to the United States may be subject to the PSR. The FSVP Rule requires importers to verify that foreign farms are in compliance with the PSR.
For questions about the webinar series, please contact Mauricio Castelo, FDA, Division of Produce Safety.
Produce Safety Questions?
- For questions on produce safety in English: FSMA Technical Assistance Network
- For questions on produce safety in Spanish (en español): ProduceSafetyNetworkEnEspanol@fda.hhs.gov
Question & Answer