To earn one AMA Physician’s Recognition Award PRA Category 1 CME creditTM visit AMA’s Education Center website.
Module 1: What Physicians Need to Know About Foodborne Illness: Suspect, Identify, Treat, and Report
This video uses three actual cases to illustrate the potential severity of foodborne disease and explains a four-step process for dealing with symptoms that may indicate foodborne illness: Suspect, Identify, Treat, and Report.
Module 2: Preventing Foodborne Illness: Talking to Patients About Food Safety
This video illustrates the essential steps people should take when shopping for, storing, preparing, and serving food. It will help healthcare professionals counsel patients, especially vulnerable patients, on avoiding foodborne illness and is suitable to be shown directly to patients.
Companion Education Materials
- Foodborne Illness Educational Videos: Key Terms and Definitions (PDF: 1.5MB)
- Steps for Diagnosing Foodborne Illness (PDF: 1.1MB)
- Diagnostic Tools for Foodborne Illness (PDF: 1.6MB)
- Reporting Foodborne Illness (PDF: 585KB)
- Most Common Foodborne Illnesses (PDF: 1.6MB)
- Recent Prominent Foodborne Illness Outbreaks (PDF: 1.6MB)