Tools for health educators and health care practitioners to engage young adults in food safe practices.
Young adults prepare meals for their parents, children, and themselves. Food safety is key to preventing foodborne illnesses. FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition developed “Everyday Food Safety” resources to increase food safety awareness among young adults ages 18 – 29.
Check out the materials available to use in your classroom, health expo, waiting room, or website.
- Food Safety: Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4!
- Food Safety Tip Sheets
- Food Safety for Dining Out
- Food Safety Begins with Healthy Habits
- Social Media Toolkit
Play it safe and download fact sheets to educate young adults on food safety and ready-to-eat foods. These helpful resources include tips on: cleaning, microwave safety, food storage, and much more!
- Food Safety for Adults Under 30: Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! (PDF 1.20MB)
Seguridad alimentaria para adultos de menos de 30:¡Tan fácil como 1, 2, 3, 4! (PDF 1.23MB)
- Play it Safe with Ready-to-Eat Foods (PDF 733KB)
Vaya a la segura con los alimentos listos para consumer (PDF 728KB)
Food Safety Tip Sheets
Following 4 key steps to food safety can help lower your chances of getting sick! Check out each tip sheet to learn important steps to clean, separate, cook, and chill your food safely.
When eating away from home, some foods are safer than others. Download the infographics to learn more about safe food choices when dining out.
- Making Food Safe Choices While Eating Out (PDF 3.41MB)
Escoger Comida Segura al Comer Fuera (PDF 3.41MB)
- 4 Food Safety Tips for Eating Raw Seafood at Restaurants (PDF 2.31MB)
4 Consejos Sobre Seguridad Alimentaria (PDF 3.11MB)
The Everyday Food Safety video is available for you, with or without sound, to play in waiting rooms, post on your website, and share on social media.
Tweets for Consumers:
- Find out about #foodsafety today! [Add Image 1_Food Safety]
- #FillInTheBlank: My favorite #foodsafe grab-and-go meal is: ______. [Add Image 2_Safe food choices]
- #Foodsafety can save you time and keep you healthy! Share if you’re not going to let #foodpoisoning ruin your day. [Add Image 3_Prevent Food Poisiong]
- Some restaurant foods might put your health at risk. Find out how to make safe choices! #foodsafety #NFSEM [insert link to Making Food Safe Choices While Eating Out]
- Using these 4 tips when eating raw seafood at restaurants can help you avoid food poisoning. #foodsafety #NFSEM [insert link to 4 Food Safety Tips for Eating Raw Seafood at Restaurants]
Images for Posts on Twitter (click each image for a file download):