- September 8, 2022
About this Virtual Meeting:
FDA, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Silicon Valley PTO, and Biocom California will hold a free virtual meeting in which participants can hear about the intricacies that biotech and medtech independent inventors and startups face when seeking regulatory approval from the FDA and securing intellectual property rights from the USPTO. Speakers from government and industry will offer their views on current issues in this area and discuss best practices for navigating FDA and USPTO processes.
- Brandon Fetterolf, USPTO - Director (acting), TC 1600 Biotechnology and Organic Chemistry
- Jonathan Teixeira Moffat, USPTO - Director, TC 3700 Medical Devices and Processes
- Kevin Bugin, Ph.D., FDA - Deputy Director for Operations, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research /Office of New Drugs
- Barbara Zimmerman, FDA - Deputy Office Director, Center for Devices and Radiological Health
- Tom Cowan, Knobbe Martens - Partner