- May 2, 2023
- 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET
Topic & Presentations
Navigating the First ICH Generic Drug Draft Guideline “M13A Bioequivalence for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms”
Lei Zhang, PhD
Summary of Major Differences in Recommendations Between Draft M13A and the Draft FDA ANDA BE Guidance (Aug 2021)*
Nilufer Tampal, PhD
Additional Discussion on Selected Topics
Myong-Jin (MJ) Kim, PharmD
Q&A Discussion Panel
Above speakers plus the following non-speaker panelists
Robert Lionberger, PhD
Partha Roy, PhD
Ethan Stier, PhD
Stella Grosser, PhD, MS
Dave Coppersmith, JD
In December 2022, the International Council for Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH) Assembly endorsed the draft ICH M13A guideline titled “M13A Bioequivalence for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms” which provides recommendations for conducting bioequivalence (BE) studies during development and post-approval phases for orally administered immediate-release (IR) solid oral dosage forms designed to deliver drugs to the systemic circulation, such as tablets, capsules, and granules/powders for oral suspension.
On January 31, 2023, FDA issued a draft guidance for industry titled M13A Bioequivalence for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms, and a Federal Register (FR) notice to solicit public comments on M13A on the FDA website. This draft guidance was developed by the ICH M13 Expert Working Group (EWG) and is intended to provide harmonized, global, scientific recommendations for conducting BE studies during both development and post-approval phases that can increase the efficiency of drug development and accelerate the availability of safe and effective orally administered IR solid oral dosage forms.
The comment period will close on April 3, 2023. Please submit comments before April 3 to ensure that the FDA and ICH M13 EWG consider your comments on this draft guidance before they begin work on the final version of the guidance.
This webinar will take an in-depth look into the draft guidance and explain the ICH EWG’s current scientific thinking, and provide clarification on FDA’s planning on the implementation of M13A.
- Provide an overview of the draft guidance
- Explain ICH EWG ’s current scientific thinking on selected topics
- Provide clarification on the FDA planning on the implementation of M13A for generic drug applications
This webinar is for members of the generic drug industry, including current and potential applicants who are interested in submitting an application for a generic drug, regulatory reviewers for generic drug development and assessments, consultants focused on bioequivalence, clinical research coordinators, and foreign regulators.
- FDA Draft Guidance: M13A Bioequivalence for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms (January 2023)
- ICH M13A Step 2 Presentation (January 2023)
- FDA Draft Guidance: Bioequivalence Studies With Pharmacokinetic Endpoints for Drugs Submitted Under an Abbreviated New Drug Application (August 2021)
- FDA Draft Guidance: Statistical Approaches to Establishing Bioequivalence (December 2022)
- FDA Office of Generic Drugs Global Generic Drug Affairs
- Product-Specific Guidances for Generic Drug Development (main page)
|Navigating the First ICH Generic Drug Draft Guideline M13A Bioequivalence for Immediate-Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms_May_02_2023.pdf
|pdf (578.56 KB)