Public Notification: Chao Jimengnan contains hidden drug ingredient
[11-30-2017] The Food and Drug Administration is advising consumers not to purchase or use Chao Jimengnan, a product promoted for sexual enhancement on various websites, including www.spanishfly.co, and possibly in some retail stores.
FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that Chao Jimengnan contains sildenafil, the active ingredient in the FDA-approved prescription drug Viagra, used to treat erectile dysfunction. This undeclared ingredient may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs, such as nitroglycerin, and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. People with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates.
Health care professionals and patients should report adverse events or side effects related to the use of this product to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:
- Complete and submit the report online at MedWatch Online Voluntary Reporting Form, or;
- Download and complete the form, then submit it via fax at 1-800-FDA-0178.
- Tainted Sexual Enhancement Products
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- Beware of Fraudulent ‘Dietary Supplements’