Cosmetics International Activities
FDA takes an active role in international activities related to cosmetics, ensuring that our public health mission is our top priority while also addressing industry and other stakeholder concerns. FDA has been involved in a number of cosmetic international activities, because of globalization of the market.
Continue reading the full International Activities Overview.
Information for Importers
A summary of requirements related to the importation of cosmetics into the United States, with links to additional resources.
Information for Exporters
Answers to commonly asked questions about exporting cosmetics from the United States, with links to additional resources.
International Cooperation on Cosmetics Regulations (ICCR)
ICCR is an international group of regulatory authorities from the United States, the European Union, Japan, Canada, and Brazil. ICCR members work together to promote regulatory alignment, in order to maximize consumer protection while minimizing barriers to trade.
- Animal Testing
- Color Additives and Cosmetics
- Customs: U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- FDA’s Imports Program
- Ingredient Names (Nomenclature)
- International Harmonization, Policy on Standards; Notice--Federal Register, Vol. 60 (PDF 331 KB)
- International Visitors Program
- Between FDA and Health Canada
- Between Health Canada and FDA