At FDA, we are working to create letters, reports, web pages, and other public documents using Plain Language Principles to ensure plain, clear writing. We are dedicated to providing you with:
- reader-friendly information that you can easily understand,
- documents in which you can easily find the information you need, and
- information you can readily use and act on.
We are excited to show you some of our examples where we have developed new documents incorporating the principles of plain language.
Examples Using Plain Language Principles
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Food Safety for Moms-To-Be
- Vaccines for Children - A Guide for Parents and Caregivers
- Zika Virus Diagnostic Development
- Limiting Lead in Lipstick and Other Cosmetics
- Personal Importation
- Changes to the Nutrition Facts Label
- Animal Health Literacy
- Plain Language: The CVM VFD Regulation