CDER Division of Drug Information
Who We Are:
The Division of Drug Information (DDI) is CDER's focal point for public inquiries and serves to provide timely, accurate, and useful information about human drug products through traditional and social media channels. DDI’s team of pharmacists and other health care professionals provide education to the general public as well as targeted audiences such as small business, industry and health care professionals.
What We Do:
- Interact with the public on all aspects of the Center’s activities -- engagement may be in the form of phone, email, social media, or mail.
- Lead the CDER Small Business and Industry Assistance (SBIA) program by providing information about the development and regulation of human drug products to domestic and international pharmaceutical companies. Also on LinkedIn.
- Use social media to communicate and engage with the public. DDI is on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Produce FDA Drug Info Rounds, a series of videos for health care professionals.
- Produce three podcast series: Drug Safety podcasts about emerging safety information, CDER SBIA Chronicles podcasts about drug marketing and regulation, Drug Information Soundcast in Clinical Oncology (D.I.S.C.O.) about new product approvals and emerging safety information for cancer treatments.
- Educate audiences through the CDERLearn program. Delivering Division of Drug Information Webinars for health care professionals and students. Both programs offer continuing education credit for nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, and physician assistants.
- Update and manage the Drug Safety Labeling Changes (SLC) database, providing safety data to the public in downloadable and searchable formats.
- Connect pharmacists specializing in drug information to the Global Alliance of Drug Information Specialists (GADIS) online collaborative community.
- Administer the FDA Pharmacy Student Experiential Program, offering Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience rotations to student pharmacists.
- Lead the Regulatory Pharmaceutical Fellowship, a two-year program for PharmD’s offering specialized experiences in partnership with academia and pharmaceutical industry.
Email: email@example.com | Telephone: 855-543-3784 or 301-796-3400 | Fax: 301-431-6353
Email: CDERSBIA@fda.hhs.gov | CDER SBIA Phone: 866-405-5367 or 301-796-6707
Hillandale Building 10001 New Hampshire Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20993
- Index to Drug-Specific Information
- Information for Consumers (Drugs)
- Information for Healthcare Professionals (Drugs)
- Information for Industry (Drugs)
- Report a Serious Medical Product Problem Online
- DailyMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Drugs
- Drug Identification
Resources For You
- Regulatory Pharmaceutical Fellowship
- Regulatory Pharmaceutical Fellowship (Drug Information)
- FDA Drug Info Rounds
- CDERLearn Training and Education