The Division of Cardiology and Nephrology (DCN) regulates and reviews Investigational New Drug (IND) applications and marketing applications for drug and biologic products for the treatment of cardiovascular and kidney conditions and diseases, such as: acute coronary syndrome, heart failure, hypertension, peripheral arterial disease, pulmonary hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, chronic kidney diseases, acute kidney injury, and glomerular diseases. DCN also regulates peritoneal dialysis solutions and replacement solutions for continuous renal replacement therapies, as well as products for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic kidney disease and hyperkalemia.
- Director: Norman Stockbridge, M.D., Ph.D.
- Deputy Director: Aliza Thompson, M.D.
- Deputy Director for Safety: Mary Ross Southworth, Pharm.D.
- Safety Regulatory Project Manager: Lori Wachter, R.N., B.S.N.
- Chief, Project Management Staff: Ed Fromm, R.Ph.
Food and Drug Administration
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Division of Cardiology and Nephrology
10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20993
Building 22, Suite 4177
Phone: (301) 796-2240
Fax: (301) 796-9838