- May 6, 2021
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM ET
- Organized By:
The FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) Office of Tissues and Advanced Therapies (OTAT) is hosting a patient engagement workshop on Thursday, May 6, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET. This workshop will bring together patients, caregivers, advocates, and other important stakeholders to discuss ways for patients and their advocates to work with FDA to help advance regenerative medicine. To register for this workshop, please visit: https://web.cvent.com/event/97c988b4-e21b-497e-8207-b1a8b03418de/summary
- Learn about opportunities for patients to engage with FDA to provide their input and for organizations to share research activities regarding regenerative medicine therapies, including Cellular & Gene Therapy Products.
- Share case studies from previous patient engagement experiences and discuss ways to enhance interactions between patients, their advocates, and FDA to help advance regenerative medicine and other therapies for the patients who need them most.
- Ask CBER OTAT questions about regenerative medicine and ways patients and patient organizations can help advance these types of therapies.
What is Regenerative Medicine Therapy?
Regenerative medicine therapies, such as gene therapies and cell therapies, continue to advance at a fast rate and hold promise to transform medicine and create options for patients who are living with difficult, even incurable diseases. The FDA is committed to helping speed development of these groundbreaking treatments.
- Workshop Agenda: https://web.cvent.com/event/97c988b4-e21b-497e-8207-b1a8b03418de/websitePage:645d57e4-75eb-4769-b2c0-f201a0bfc6ce
- Workshop Recording: https://collaboration.fda.gov/ppv1jujuoloh/
|Slides for the Patient Engagement & Regenerative Medicine: An FDA CBER Workshop for Patient Advocates||pdf (7.00 MB)|
|Transcripts for the Patient Engagement & Regenerative Medicine An FDA Workshop for Patient Advocate||pdf (1.26 MB)|