Security Systems that Emit Radiation
Security systems are products used to prevent harm, crime, or loss. Many security systems emit radiation to accomplish their primary purpose. For example some security systems emit ultrasound to detect intrusion into a secure area and others emit x-rays to produce an image used for non-intrusive inspection of containers to detect concealed threats or contraband.
The manufacturers of electronic products that emit radiation used for security are subject to FDA regulation. The applicable regulations depend on the type of radiation emitted and the intended recipient of that radiation.
- Cabinet X-Ray Systems (Closed X-Ray Systems)
- X-Ray & Particulate Products other than Medical Diagnostic or Cabinet
- Products for Security Screening of People
- Laser Products and Instruments
- Ultrasound Products Other than Diagnostic or Therapy
- Radiofrequency and Microwave Products Other than Microwave Ovens