- February 5, 2020
- 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Event LocationWhite Oak Campus, Great Room A
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20993
- Organized By:
Sponsored by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Dr. Norman E. Sharpless, Director, National Cancer Institute
- Dr. Richard Pazdur, Director, OCE
If you wish to attend the public workshop in person or via live webcast, please register at the following link by Tuesday February 1, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
The mission of the FDA’s Oncology Center of Excellence (OCE) is to achieve patient-centered regulatory decision-making through innovation and collaboration. Since its inception in 2017, the OCE has initiated multiple innovative pilot projects to create a collaborative scientific environment to advance development of oncology products for our most important stakeholders—patients with cancer. As the OCE celebrates its third year of operation, we invite the public to hear about some of our innovative pilot projects and programs and solicit feedback from the oncology community.
Workshop Goals and Objectives:
- Update the public on the status of several OCE projects
- Obtain feedback on the impact of OCE and its pilot programs
- Hear from the public on how OCE can advance cancer drug development
The workshop will:
- Introduce the public to the structure and function of the OCE
- Describe multiple OCE programs and pilot projects
- Hear from stakeholder panelists about their experience with these projects
- Solicit feedback from workshop attendees on directions for the future of OCE
A free-of-charge webcast of this workshop will be provided for those unable to attend in person. Registration for the webcast is required.
FDA plans to post archived webcasts after the meeting, however, in cases where the transmission was not successful, archived webcasts will not be available. The link for the webcast will be provided to all registered no less than 24 hours prior to the start of the workshop.
Laura B. Wisch
Regulatory Health Project Manager/Oncology Program
Oncology Center of Excellence (OCE) / FDA
|Agenda: Oncology Center of Excellence public meeting: Envisioning Oncology Product Development for 2025, February 5, 2020||pdf (157.64 KB)|