- March 18, 2020
3:45 PM - 4:15 PM ET
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) hosted a stakeholder call on Wednesday, March 18th at 3:45 p.m. ET to discuss food safety and food supply questions related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). FDA provided an overview of current activities, respond to stakeholders’ concerns identified in recent days, and highlight important FDA resources in response to COVID-19 pandemic.
Remarks provided by:
- Mr. Frank Yiannas, Deputy Commissioner, Office of Food Policy and Response
- Mr. Michael Rogers, Assistant Commissioner for Human and Animal Food Operations, Office of Regulatory Affairs
- Dr. Susan Mayne, Director, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
For a recording of the call, dial toll free 866-463-4971. There is no passcode. The recording will be available until March 18, 2021 10:59 PM (CT).
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) General FAQs
- Food Safety and COVID-19 FAQs
- Guidance for Industry: Temporary Policy Regarding Preventive Controls and FSVP Food Supplier Verification Onsite Audit Requirements During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
Specific questions regarding food products and COVID-19 should be submitted to FDA’s Food and Cosmetics Information Center at http://www.fda.gov/FCIC.