October 8, 2019
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is making available a nutrition toolkit for use by organizations and health education professionals to help them educate their audiences on the new Nutrition Facts label.
The toolkit provides resources that can help consumers understand the new Nutrition Facts label and how to use the information it provides to make informed food choices. The toolkit resources also provide realistic tips on how to shop, prepare, and order food when eating out to build a healthy diet. The toolkit includes:
- An introductory guide about how to use the toolkit
- Four handouts with information that can be printed (includes one wallet card)
- A PowerPoint presentation, including notes
- Pre- and post- tests for use with the presentation
- An infographic and sample social media messages
Next year, FDA will launch a major educational campaign for consumers on the new Nutrition Facts label.