FDA Announcing Public Meeting to Discuss Responsible Innovation in Dietary Supplements
April 10, 2019
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is announcing a public meeting entitled “Responsible Innovation in Dietary Supplements”. On February 11, 2019, the FDA announced new efforts to strengthen the regulation of dietary supplements by modernizing and reforming its oversight. The purpose of the public meeting is to give interested parties an opportunity to present ideas for facilitating responsible innovation in the dietary supplement industry while preserving the FDA's ability to protect the public from unsafe, misbranded, or otherwise unlawful dietary supplements.
May 16, 2019
8:30am - 4:00pm
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
5001 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20740
Public meeting attendees are encouraged to register online to attend the meeting in person or to participate via webcast.
For more information about the meeting, as well as instructions on registration and requesting to make an oral presentation, see the Federal Register notice about the meeting and the additional links provided below.
Important Dates to Remember:
- May 1, 2019 - Request special accommodations due to disability deadline
- May 1, 2019 - Request to make oral presentation deadline
- May 6, 2019 - Early registration deadline
- May 16, 2019 - Deadline to register for online attendance of public meeting
- May 16, 2019 - Day of public meeting
- July 15, 2019 - Deadline to submit electronic/written comments