August 3, 2023
The FDA is hosting a free hybrid public meeting entitled “Modernizing Food and Drug Administration Recalls Listening Session” on September 29, 2023.
This listening session provides an opportunity for stakeholders to share information and feedback about topics related to recall modernization, for FDA-regulated products. The FDA is inviting comments from all interested stakeholders and has identified the following examples of topic categories of the type of information the agency is interested in obtaining. Participants are encouraged to address these topics, or any other relevant topics related to recall modernization for FDA-regulated products:
- General recall preparations / contingency planning
- Creating successful recall strategies, including methods to reach underserved communities
- Initiating a recall
- Strategies for public warning, including press releases, social media, and other communication tools
- Increasing efficiency and effectiveness of recall information exchange
- Ensuring effective recalls
- Terminating a recall
- Strategies for reducing recall recurrence for similar situations
Date: September 29, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT
FDA White Oak Campus
10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Bldg. 31, Rm. 1503A (the Great Room), Silver Spring, MD 20993
A virtual option will also be available to registrants.
Registration: Registration is required to attend in person or virtually. If you wish to provide comments or input, please register by September 1, 2023.