Call for Abstracts: 2019 National Food Safety Education Conference
July 19, 2018
The Partnership for Food Safety Education (the Partnership) has issued a call for abstracts for the 7th in a series of national consumer food safety education conferences, From Consumers to Chefs: Food Safety Education Matters , March 6 – 8, 2019 in Orlando, Florida.
Comprised of 26 organizations representing public health officials, food experts, consumers, and the food industry, the Partnership, working in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture has been developing food safety education programs and materials for more than 20 years. For the 2019 conference, the Partnership is accepting abstracts relating to five principal themes:
- Program Tools — Refresh Your Outreach Toolbox: Fresh new ways to advance consumer awareness and behavior, including evidence-based design, execution and evaluation of digital and other methods that improve delivery of consumer food safety education and food handling behaviors.
- Know the Data: Modifying Approaches to Increase Consumer Engagement: Posters/presentations on how health and food safety educators mine their own and other data, including published research, to identify knowledge gaps and adjust approaches for engaging and educating consumers.
- Safe Food Handling in Today’s Food Landscape: How does today’s food landscape affect consumer food safety and awareness of risk? Posters/presentations in this category focus on food safety education in the context of emerging food and consumer trends and issues.
- Show It! Hands- on Demonstrations that Engage Consumers: Presentations showcasing a consumer-oriented food preparation or food safety demonstration, e.g., effective handwashing, activities for kids, and other demonstrations that engage consumers in small groups on food handling and hand hygiene.
- Food Safety Education Success Stories [posters only]: Posters describing successful food safety education campaigns, including how the effectiveness of the campaign was measured.
The deadline for submissions is August 2, 2018. Please visit http://cfsec2019.fightbac.org for more information and to submit an abstract.