Leflunomide (marketed as Arava) Information
Arava (leflunomide) is indicated in adults for the treatment of active rheumatoid arthritis (RA):
- to reduce signs and symptoms
- to inhibit structural damage as evidenced by X-ray erosions and joint space narrowing
- to improve physical function.
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: New boxed warning for severe liver injury with arthritis drug Arava (leflunomide)
- FDA Drug Safety Podcast for Healthcare Professionals: New boxed warning for severe liver injury with arthritis drug Arava (leflunomide)