- July 8, 2018
- 8:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET
On July 9, 2018, FDA is hosting a public meeting on Patient-Focused Drug Development for Chronic Pain. FDA is interested in hearing patients’ perspectives on chronic pain, views on treatment approaches, and challenges or barriers to accessing treatments for chronic pain. FDA is particularly interested in hearing from patients who experience chronic pain that is managed with analgesic medications such as opioids, acetaminophen, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), antidepressants; other medications; and non-pharmacologic interventions or therapies.
This website will be updated as meeting materials are developed.
July 9, 2018
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (registration will begin at 9:00am)
FDA White Oak Campus
10903 New Hampshire Ave.
Building 31, Room 1503 B & C (Great Room)
Silver Spring, MD 20993
(Information about arrival to FDA’s White Oak campus)
To register for this meeting, visit: Public Meeting on Patient-Focused Drug Development for Chronic Pain
We recommend early registration for the meeting.
Public Docket: In addition to proving input at the public meeting, stakeholders are invited to provide their perspectives on the discussion questions through the public docket.
- The docket closes on September 10, 2018. FDA is interested in responses to the questions listed in the Federal Register Notice
- Public Docket Information
- Chronic Pain PFDD Meeting Agenda (PDF - 142 KB)
- Meeting Recording 1 (Morning session)
- Meeting Recording 2 (Afternoon session)
- Meeting Slides
- Meeting Transcript
- CDER Patient Focused Drug Development
- Enhancing Benefit-Risk Assessment in Regulatory Decision-Making