Public Notification: Xrect Contains Hidden Drug Ingredients
[5-3-2017] The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers not to purchase or use Xrect, a product promoted for sexual enhancement.
FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that Xrect contains tadalafil and descarbonsildenafil. Tadalafil is the active ingredient in Cialis, an FDA-approved prescription drug for erectile dysfunction (ED). Descarbonsildenafil is structurally similar to sildenafil, the active ingredient in Viagra, also an FDA-approved prescription drug for ED. These undeclared ingredients may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs, such as nitroglycerin, and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. Men with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates.
- Complete and submit the report online at MedWatch Online Voluntary Reporting Form, or;
- Download and complete the form, then submit it via fax at 1-800-FDA-0178.
- Tainted Sexual Enhancement Products
- Subscribe to the RSS feed
- Beware of Fraudulent ‘Dietary Supplements’