The inventory of GRAS notices for animal food provides the following information about GRAS notices filed within each year since 2010, when CVM received its first GRAS notice:
- The name of the substance
- The file number (AGRN No.) that FDA has assigned to the notice
- A hyperlink to the letter that FDA sent in response to the notice. The text of this link also indicates the date of the letter.
- The species
- The intended conditions of use of the substance
The file number for each GRAS notice also serves as a hyperlink to additional information corresponding to the GRAS notice certification (21 CFR 570.225(c)), including the following information, which FDA will make readily accessible to the public:
- The name of the person who made the GRAS conclusion (notifier)
- The notifier’s address
- The statutory basis for the GRAS conclusion
Additional information includes:
- The date when FDA filed the notice
- The date when the evaluation process came to closure
- When applicable, a hyperlink to additional correspondence that FDA has issued regarding the animal food GRAS notice
- After closure, a hyperlink to the notice itself
Persons interested in obtaining additional data and information in the notice may obtain a copy of those data and information that are disclosable by requesting the information under the Freedom of Information Act.
These tables are current as of September 30, 2019 and, therefore, do not show any new notices filed by CVM, or response letters issued by CVM, after that date. We will update this information approximately monthly.
To comment on the GRAS Notice inventory content or request further information, contact AskCVM@fda.hhs.gov.