- September 10, 2017
- 8:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET
|OC||September 11, 2017||8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Hotel and Executive Meeting Center|
1750 Rockville Pike
On Monday, September 11, 2017, the Pediatric Advisory Committee will meet to discuss the use of prescription opioid products containing hydrocodone or codeine for the treatment of cough in pediatric patients. The discussion will include current practice for the treatment of cough in children and benefit-risk considerations regarding the use of prescription opioid products in pediatric patients.
FDA intends to make the complete set of background material available to the public no later than 2 business days before the meeting. If FDA is unable to post the background material on its website prior to the meeting, all efforts will be made to try and provide the background material at the location of the advisory committee meeting, and the background material will be posted on FDA’s website after the meeting.
Public Participation Information
On September 11, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., the meeting is open to the public. Interested persons may present data, information, or views, orally or in writing, on issues pending before the committee.
FDA is establishing a docket for public comment on this document. The docket number is FDA-2017-N-4885. The docket will close on September 13, 2017. Submit either electronic or written comments on this public meeting by that date. Late, untimely comments will not be considered. Electronic comments must be submitted on or before September 13, 2017. The Regulations.gov electronic filing system will accept comments until midnight Eastern Time at the end of September 13, 2017. Comments received by mail/hand delivery/courier (for written/paper submissions) will be considered timely if they are postmarked or the delivery service acceptance receipt is on or before that date. Comments received on or before August 28, 2017, will be provided to the committee. Comments received after that date will be taken into consideration by FDA. You may submit comments as follows:
Submit electronic comments in the following way:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. Comments submitted electronically, including attachments, to Regulations.gov will be posted to the docket unchanged. Because your comment will be made public, you are solely responsible for ensuring that your comment does not include any confidential information that you or a third party may not wish to be posted, such as medical information, your or anyone else’s Social Security number, or confidential business information, such as a manufacturing process. Please note that if you include your name, contact information, or other information that identifies you in the body of your comments, that information will be posted on Regulations.gov.
- If you want to submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to make available to the public, submit the comment as a written/paper submission and in the manner detailed (see “Written/Paper Submissions” and “Instructions”).
Submit written/paper submissions as follows:
- Mail/Hand delivery/Courier (for written/paper submissions): Dockets Management Staff (HFA-305), Food and Drug Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
- For written/paper comments submitted to the Division of Dockets Management, FDA will post your comment, as well as any attachments, except for information submitted, marked and identified, as confidential, if submitted as detailed in “Instructions.”
Instructions: All submissions received must include the Docket No. FDA-2017-N- 4885 for “Pediatric Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting; Establishment of a Public Docket; Request for Comments.” Received comments, those filed in a timely manner (see ADDRESSES), will be placed in the docket and, except for those submitted as “Confidential Submissions,” publicly viewable at Regulations.gov or at the Dockets Management Staff between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Confidential Submissions--To submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made publicly available, submit your comments only as a written/paper submission. You should submit two copies total. One copy will include the information you claim to be confidential with a heading or cover note that states “THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.” The Agency will review this copy, including the claimed confidential information, in its consideration of comments. The second copy, which will have the claimed confidential information redacted/blacked out, will be available for public viewing and posted on Regulations.gov. Submit both copies to the Dockets Management Staff. If you do not wish your name and contact information to be made publicly available, you can provide this information on the cover sheet and not in the body of your comments and you must identify this information as “confidential.” Any information marked as “confidential” will not be disclosed except in accordance with 21 CFR 10.20 and other applicable disclosure law. For more information about FDA’s posting of comments to public dockets, see 80 FR 56469, September 18, 2015, or access the information at:Consumer Comments-Public Posting and Availability of Comments Submitted to Food and Drug Administration Dockets.
Docket: For access to the docket to read background documents or the electronic and written/paper comments received, go to Docket No. FDA-2017-N-4885 at Regulations.gov, and/or go to the Dockets Management Staff, 5630 Fishers Lane, rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
Oral presentations from the public will be scheduled on September 11, 2017, between approximately 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Those individuals interested in making formal oral presentations should notify the contact person and submit a brief statement of the general nature of the evidence or arguments they wish to present, the names and addresses of proposed participants, and an indication of the approximate time requested to make their presentation on or before August 25, 2017.
Time allotted for each presentation may be limited. If the number of registrants requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the scheduled open public hearing session, FDA may conduct a lottery to determine the speakers for the scheduled open public hearing session. The contact person will notify interested persons regarding their request to speak by August 28, 2017.
- Marieann Brill, MBA, RAC, MT(ASCP)
Office of Pediatric Therapeutics
Office of the Commissioner
Food and Drug Administration
Bldg. 32, Room 5154
10903 New Hampshire Ave.
Silver Spring, Maryland 20993
A notice in the Federal Register about last minute modifications that impact a previously announced advisory committee meeting cannot always be published quickly enough to provide timely notice. Therefore, you should always check the agency’s website or call the committee’s Designated Federal Officer (see Contact Information) to learn about possible modifications before coming to the meeting.
Persons attending FDA’s advisory committee meetings are advised that the agency is not responsible for providing access to electrical outlets. FDA welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations due to a disability, please contact the committee’s Designated Federal Officer (see Contact Information) at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
Answers to commonly asked questions including information regarding special accommodations due to a disability may be accessed at: Common Questions and Answers about FDA Advisory Committee Meetings.
FDA is committed to the orderly conduct of its advisory committee meetings. Please visit our Web site at Public Conduct During FDA Advisory Committee Meetings for procedures on public conduct during advisory committee meetings.
Notice of this meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 U.S.C. app.2).