What do Pharmacokineticists do at CDER?
The duties of a Pharmacokineticist at CDER differ by office. Opportunities may include:
- Providing special scientific expertise in biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics, consulting other staff members on the use of computers in statistical pharmacokinetic analysis, and performing pharmacokinetic analysis.
- Reviewing a wide range of drug and biologic applications received from the pharmaceutical industry to determine the adequacy of the bioavailability protocols and the resultant data. Preparing a comprehensive summary of these reviews and presenting substantive recommendations for revision/acceptance/ rejection.
- Interpreting complex biochemical, pharmacological, and biopharmaceutical aspects of drug bioavailability as determined in clinical studies. Preparing a comprehensive summary of the protocols and data reviewed for the requesting unit with substantive recommendations for acceptance defining the conditions under which they should be accepted or rejected.
- Determining and delineating the role of pharmacokinetic and drug metabolism in the system being evaluated.
- Attending meetings of professional scientific societies to present papers on investigative results, remaining cognizant of developments in the field, exchanging ideas with other scientists, and developing background data pertinent to the program.
- Compiling data to prepare period and special reports relative to the work of the division and manuscripts for publication in professional scientific journals.
- Maintaining an awareness of state-of-the-art findings by reviewing scientific literature and studies of precedent-setting investigations to develop specific approaches to your assigned area of responsibility.
Related positions include:
How can I find a Pharmacokineticist position at CDER?
Available CDER positions are listed on USAJOBS and under the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
1. Search USAJOBS by Keyword: CDER. You can filter your search by:
- Food and Drug Administration
- 0401 - General Natural Resources Management And Biological Sciences
- 0405 - Pharmacology
- 0660 - Pharmacist
- 1320 - Chemistry
2. Visit We Are Hiring | FDA to find a current listing of opportunities utilizing the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
Where can I learn more about careers at the FDA?
For general information on working at the FDA and additional employment opportunities, visit: Jobs and Training at FDA.