You can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device with a reliable internet connection, front-facing camera, and microphone. No downloads are required.
To complete a video interview:
- Select a role that is open for video interviewing or submit an interview for general consideration.
- Provide your contact information, cover letter, and resume in the required fields.
- Respond to a practice question to check for any technical or lighting issues. The practice question is not recorded, and we won’t see your response.
- Start your formal interview. The interview consists of a set of written questions (the hiring manager will not be present). After each question is presented, you’ll be given a few minutes to provide a verbal response. All candidates who interview for a particular role will receive the same set of questions and the same amount of time to prepare and record their response.
- Submit your interview. Our hiring managers will be notified that your interview submission is available for their review in the queue. We will contact you directly if you are selected to participate in the next phase of the hiring process.
The interview is timed to keep the process short, but we suggest giving yourself about 45 minutes to practice and complete the interview.
Yes, if you are interrupted, your recorded answers are saved, and you can re-start the interview when convenient. However, we encourage candidates to approach the video interview in the same way as a traditional in-person interview. Once you’ve submitted your response to each question, it is final and cannot be re-recorded.
- Choose a comfortable environment. Make sure the location you choose to record your interview is quiet and free of distractions. Set your device on a steady surface.
- Check your lighting and background. Place a source of light in front of you (away from the camera) and avoid having sources of bright light behind you (such as a window) as this will make it hard for us to see you.
- Check your internet connection, camera, and battery charge.
- Dress as you would for in-person interview. Business casual is fine.
- Silence your mobile phone.
- Relax and just be yourself!
Yes! If you have the required skills and experience for another role at CDER, we encourage you to submit a video interview for available openings.
Yes, please submit an application as requested in these announcements in addition to your video interview.
Our hiring team accepts and reviews video interview submissions on a rolling basis. We will keep your interview on file for similar positions.