Join the CDRH Team!
At CDRH, you can make a difference in protecting the health of the American people.
We’re seeking individuals who are passionate about advancing public health through innovative regulatory solutions, scientific research, and communications and collaboration with our stakeholders, including patients, health care providers, researchers, and members of the medical device industry.
Our employees are our most valued resource, and we strive to support individual excellence, teamwork, and personal and professional development. At CDRH, we are committed to building a modern and diverse workforce where our employees are supported, career progression is promoted, and innovation and forward-thinking is respected.
Best Place to Work: In 2023, the FDA’s parent agency, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), was ranked #2 among large government agencies in the Best Place to Work. This is the 7th consecutive year HHS was named in the top 5 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government.
CDRH is hiring for multiple positions throughout the organization.
Find out more about each type of position within CDRH:
- Chemists, Biologists, and Microbiologists who will identify mechanisms of interaction between the human body and medical devices to support the safety and effectiveness of device products. Please note positions may not be eligible for remote work.
- Scientists, Physicians, Veterinarians, Engineers, and Statisticians who will analyze data and make conclusions regarding the safety and effectiveness of medical device products to assure patients have access to high-quality, safe, and effective devices.
- Policy Analysts and Regulatory Counsel who will develop regulations, guidances, policies, and procedures concerning medical device and radiation-emitting products.
- Health Communications/Communications Specialists and Government Information Specialists who will manage communication activities about medical devices and radiation-emitting products to external audiences and provide education for the regulated industry.
- Health Scientists, Scientific Project Managers, Senior Data Analysts, Data Architects, IT Program Managers, Pega Developers, SharePoint Developers, IT Business Product Managers, and Cybersecurity Specialists who will help to advance national and international partnerships and patient-focused programs, support efforts relating to the availability of medical devices and their supply chains, and manage the Center’s data, informatics, and information technology (IT) initiatives.
- Data Scientists and Data Engineers who will integrate applicable quality management and organizational excellence principles and best practices into key business processes to include oversight of medical device clinical investigations, policy and program support regarding clinical trials, biostatistics, and real-world evidence.
Check the Current Career Opportunities at CDRH page for the latest job postings.