If you are shipping cosmetics to the United States from another country, see “For Importers.”
If you are shipping cosmetics from the United States to another country, see “For Exporters.”
- Information for Cosmetics Importers: Answers to common questions about FDA’s requirements for cosmetics.
- Import Alerts for Cosmetics: Notifications to FDA field staff, alerting them to imported products that may be refused admission without physically examining the products in a shipment.
If you have questions about U.S. Customs requirements, you need to contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Information for Cosmetics Exporters: Answers to common questions about exporting cosmetics from the United States
- Cosmetic Export Certificates: Answers to common questions about how to apply for and authenticate a cosmetic export certificate.
- Certificate Application Process (CAP) Help: If you have already read Information for Cosmetics Exporters and Cosmetic Export Certificates, and need help with the online Certificate Application Process (CAP)
FDA/CFSAN Cosmetics Announcements and Recent Additions to the Cosmetics Web Site