Proper Name: Determine HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo
Manufacturer: Abbott Diagnostics Scarborough, Inc.
- The Determine HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo Controls are quality control reagents for use with the Determine HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo Assay only.
- The Determine HIV–1/2 Ag/Ab Combo is an in vitro, visually read, qualitative immunoassay for the simultaneous detection of Human Immunodefciency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) p24 antigen (Ag) and antibodies (Ab) to HIV Type 1 and Type 2 (HIV-1 and HIV-2) in human serum, plasma, capillary (fngerstick) whole blood or venipuncture (venous) whole blood.
- The Determine HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo is intended for use as a point-of-care test to aid in the diagnosis of infection with HIV-1 and HIV-2, including an acute HIV-1 infection, and may distinguish acute HIV-1 infection from established HIV-1 infection when the specimen is positive for HIV-1 p24 antigen and negative for anti-HIV-1 and anti-HIV-2 antibodies.
- The test is suitable for use in multi-test algorithms designed for the statistical validation of rapid HIV test results. When multiple rapid HIV test are available, this test can be used in appropriate multi-test algorithms.
- Package Insert - Determine HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo Controls
- Package Insert - Determine HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo