The FDA held a public meeting to discuss the use of the term “healthy” in the labeling of food products.
March 9, 2017
8:30 am - 5:30pm
Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel
1750 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
The public meeting gave interested parties an opportunity to discuss the use of the term “healthy” in the labeling of human food products. The meeting format included introductory presentations, stakeholder perspective panel sessions, and multiple opportunities for individuals to express their opinions through oral presentations and breakout sessions.
For general questions about the meeting, contact Juanita Yates, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (HFS-009), Food and Drug Administration, 5001 Campus Dr., College Park, MD 20740, phone: 240-402-1731, email: Juanita.Yates@fda.hhs.gov.
- Meeting Agenda (PDF: 90KB)
- Meeting Transcript (PDF: 452KB)
- Presentation: Food Label Claims and Their Impact on Consumers (PPT : 6.50MB)
- Facilitated Breakout Sessions Overview (PDF: 130KB)
- Summary of Themes Heard from Stakeholders during Breakout Sessions at the Public Meeting (PDF: 62KB)
- Federal Register Notice Announcing the Public Meeting
Important Dates to Remember
- April 26, 2017 - Deadline to submit written/electronic comments to docket FDA-2016-D-2335
- Background and Information about Submitting Comments
- Guidance for Industry: Use of the Term “Healthy” in the Labeling of Human Food Products