Nutrition Facts Labeling Webinar
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) hosted a webinar on Monday, June 27, 2016, to review the Nutrition Facts Labeling Final Rules and the changes from the original Nutrition Facts label.
On May 20, 2016, the FDA announced the new Nutrition Facts label for packaged foods to reflect new scientific information, including the link between diet and chronic diseases such as obesity and heart disease. The FDA published the final rules in the Federal Register on May 27, 2016. The new label will make it easier for consumers to make better informed food choices.
Download Presentation Slides (PDF: 1MB)
View the Webinar Presentation Video
If you have questions on the webinar, please contact Janesia Robbs, email@example.com.
- Welcome and Introduction of Speakers/Technical Experts - Moderator Claudine Kavanaugh, Senior Advisor for Nutrition Policy, Office of Foods and Veterinary Medicine, FDA
- Significance of the Nutrition Facts Labeling Final Rules - Susan Mayne, Ph.D., Director, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, FDA
- Overview of the Nutrition Facts Labeling Final Rules - Doug Balentine, Ph.D., Director, Office of Nutrition and Food Labeling, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, FDA
- Question & Answer Session - Moderator Claudine Kavanaugh, Senior Advisor for Nutrition Policy, Office of Foods and Veterinary Medicine, FDA and other subject matter experts from the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Changes to the Nutrition Fact Label
- Revision of the Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels – Final Rule
- Serving Sizes of Foods; Dual-Column Labeling; Establishing Certain Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed; Serving Size for Breath Mints and Technical Amendments – Final Rule