The inventory of Biotechnology Consultations on Food from GE Plant Varieties lists all completed final consultations about bioengineered foods. Each record in the inventory
- Identifies the consultation by a file number (biotechnology notification file number; BNF No.);
- Identifies the food crop that was modified;
- Describes the new or altered trait encoded by the new or altered genes;
- Provides the developer's distinctive designation for the subject of the consultation and, if available, the Unique Identifier used internationally;
- Provides the date of the agency's letter responding to the submission and a link to the text of that letter.
For each record in the inventory, the file number also serves as a link to additional information about the consultation, including
- The date when the developer submitted its scientific and regulatory assessment of the food;
- The developer's name and address;
- The application(s) of the food (e.g., in human food, animal feed, or both);
- Description of the Trait, the added protein or DNA that confers the trait, the source organism from which the trait was obtained, and its intended effect;
- Whether the bioengineered food that contains a “Plant Incorporated Protectant,” an introduced pesticidal substance, which is subject to regulation by EPA;
- The date of the agency's final memorandum describing information about the new bioengineered plant in the submission and a link to the text of that memorandum.