- Enforcing legal requirements that pertain to imported drugs to prevent consumer exposure to unsafe, ineffective, and poor quality imported drugs.
- Providing support and guidance on drug imports compliance and policy to promote the quality and integrity of imported products.
- Providing support and guidance on export policies and procedures to promote the quality and integrity of exported drugs.
- Enforcing legal requirements that pertain to drug recalls and monitoring resolution of drug recalls to prevent consumer exposure to unsafe or ineffective drug products.
- Communicating information about drug product recalls, defective drug products FDA determines pose a risk to consumers.
- Coordinating activities among sub-offices within the Office of Compliance to address drug shortages.
- Serving as the central repository and point of coordination for obtaining health hazard evaluations of defective products for Office of Compliance.
Return to Main Page: Office of Drug Security, Integrity, and Response