XYLITOL is a sweetener that is found in a wide range of products. It might also go by other names, including wood sugar, birch sugar, and birch bark extract.
- Sugar-free desserts
- Sugar-free candy and mints
- Sugar-free jams, jellies, and nut butters
- Sugar-free gum
- Mouthwashes, oral rinses, and toothpastes
- Cough syrup
- Medicines for adults and children
- Dietary supplements (like fiber gummies and sleep aids)
Xylitol poisoning can start within 20 minutes!! Signs include:
- Decreased activity level
- Weakness and collapse
- Difficulty walking or standing
- Shaking or seizures
- Liver failure
- Bleeding problems
XYLITOL poisoning can KILL your dog.
Call your vet, emergency animal clinic, or animal poison control center if you think your dog has eaten a product containing XYLITOL. Every second counts!!