Discussion Questions for the November 7, 2016 Meeting of the Risk Communication Advisory Committee
These questions ask you to step deliberately through the Strategic Framework, and offer comments and recommendations.
- Looking specifically at Risk Communication and Health Literacy at FDA:
- Does the Overarching Outcome support Strategic Priority Goal 3?
- Do the proposed performance indicators provide meaningful measurement of progress toward the Overarching Outcome?
- Can you suggest any other indicators for us to consider?
- Consider the four major Contributing Outcomes, which all feed into the Overarching Outcome:
- Increased use of clear communication best practices and plain language in developing messages
- Increased use of more targeted messages and communications
- Improved efficiency of internal operations for writing and developing communications
- Improved dissemination of FDA's communications and information
- Collectively, do they support the Overarching Outcome, “Increased accessibility to actionable and accurate FDA communication and benefit/risk information?” Are there gaps in support?
- Do the proposed performance indicators provide meaningful measurement of progress toward the Contributing Outcomes? Can you suggest any others for us to consider?
- Taking each major Contributing Outcome I through IV in turn, please consider the questions:
- Do the lower level contributing outcomes support this outcome? Are there gaps in support?
- Do the listed activities and sample specific actions for each contributing outcome implement the outcome? Can you suggest other activities we might consider, if possible?
- Do the proposed performance indicators provide meaningful measurement of progress toward the outcomes? Can you suggest any others for us to consider?